What are Ancillary Services in Philadelphia, PA?
Ancillary services are supportive or diagnostic measures that help medical providers treat their patients. They are available at medical offices, hospitals, and specialty clinics. Some patients may be required to go to a separate facility for ancillary services such as X-rays and blood tests.
Prestige Home Care Agency offers patients various ancillary services. They help us customize packages best suited to our client’s needs.
Categories of Ancillary Services
Ancillary services fall into three categories as follows:
- Diagnostic: Diagnostic ancillary services help doctors diagnose patients. Examples include lab testing, pulmonary testing, radiology, and audiology.
- Therapeutic: Therapeutic services improve a patient’s well-being. Examples include mental health, physical, speech, and occupational therapy.
- Custodial: Custodial services help patients recover from an injury or illness. They can also manage lifelong illnesses and disabilities. Examples include home health care, hospice care, and nursing homes.
Why is Ancillary Care Important?
- Lower Costs for Patients and Providers: Many healthcare providers work with ancillary care services rather than provide them in-house to lower costs. Providers often save money by offering ancillary care as a third-party service. It also saves clients money. Studies show patients who use ancillary care can see a 23% reduction in hospital bills.
- Skilled Staff: Ancillary service medical professionals train to offer diagnostic, custodial, and therapeutic services. They have access to tools and machinery designed to carry out specific functions. Their staff records and maintains patient data related to care to ensure high-quality internal organization.
- Improves Doctor’s Services: When doctors designate ancillary services, they have more time to focus on their specialty. They can provide their patients with better service.
What Type of Facilities Offer Ancillary Care?
- Hospitals: Hospitals provide ancillary care services, including ambulance transportation, dialysis, radiology, diagnostic x-rays, pharmaceuticals, ventilator services, and more.
- Specialty Medical Offices: Specialty medical offices may offer ancillary services that fall under their scope of care. For example, an orthopedic clinic is likely to provide x-ray services. A mental health clinic will offer psychiatric services.
- Freestanding Providers: Freestanding providers are an ongoing medical industry trend. During the pandemic, many pop-up treatment centers offered COVID testing. You can also find trucks and tents providing blood testing or medical screening.
Prestige Offers Ancillary Services in Philadelphia, PA
At Prestige, ancillary services are at the heart of what we do. They help us create customized plans best suited to our client’s needs. We evaluate home modifications so you feel safe. We provide automated medication devices managed by a Registered Nurse. Our emergency response systems (PERS) address safety concerns. Each client is assigned a Client Advocate who assists them with daily living.
And ancillary services aren’t all we do. We also provide pediatric care, senior care, intellectual disability services, veteran assistance, behavioral health, and other types of home care.
We have been proudly serving our community since 1995. We offer medical and non-medical services focusing on care, compassion, and dignity. Contact us to learn how we can improve the quality of life for you and your loved ones.