Pediatric Care Services That Can Make Life More Convenient
If your child has a chronic condition or is recovering from medical treatment, pediatric home care may be necessary. It ensures your child gets the attention they require in a comfortable home environment. It allows parents to continue working and performing daily tasks knowing their child is well cared for.
Prestige Home Care Agency offers a variety of pediatric services that make life more convenient. Read on to find out what’s involved in pediatric home care and what our services entail.
What Conditions Require Pediatric Care?
Pediatric care may be required if your child is dealing with any of the following conditions:
- Childhood cancer
- Heart disease
- Genetic disorders
- Developmental disorders
- Serious injuries
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Respiratory conditions
- Neurodegenerative disease
- Complications from prematurity
What Types of Pediatric Home Care are Provided?
A pediatric aid may provide the following services:
- Pediatric nursing includes evaluations, medication management, education, and specialty treatments.
- Occupational therapy helps children reach developmental milestones.
- Physical therapy focuses on improving motor skills, strength, and balance in children recovering from injuries or surgery or dealing with genetic disorders.
- Pediatric oncology encompasses chemotherapy infusion, nutritional support, oxygen, and palliative care for children with childhood cancer.
- Palliative care manages symptoms in children with chronic conditions.
- Pediatric infusion refers to the IV administration of antibiotics, chemotherapy, medication, and hydration.
- Neonatal care ensures infants grow and meet milestones in the first months of life. It includes feeding treatment, weight monitoring, respiratory care, lactation consultation, and cesarian recovery support for the mother.
- Childhood asthma treatments such as environmental assessment, peak flow meters, nebulizers, and education can reduce flare-ups.
Benefits of Pediatric Care Services
Pediatric care services provide several benefits for the parents and the child. These include:
- Children get the care they need in the comfort of their own homes: Statistics show that children heal faster in their own homes and sleep better in their own beds. At-home care may also decrease doctor visits and hospitalizations.
- Convenient for families: A caregiver takes the stress off the parent’s shoulders. They can continue to work and see to daily responsibilities knowing their child is well cared for.
- Ongoing Supervision: Children will receive ongoing care so treatment can be updated as needed. They will have a professional by their side in case of an emergency.
- Improved quality of life: Children are happier being treated in their own homes as it means they can see their friends and even go to school. It makes for a more normal childhood.
Prestige Pediatric Home Care Services
Your children are precious. Prestige understands just how important they are. We exceed expectations to ensure the best care possible.
Prestige Home Care is dedicated to helping people we serve live happy, independent lives. We are Joint Commission Accredited and Medicare Certified. We accept all types of insurance to keep care affordable.
Prestige is a trusted home care provider for children, seniors, and people with disabilities. We have seen so many of our clients thrive under our supervision. Contact us to find out how we can help you achieve a higher quality of life.